[xquery-talk] XML data sets with (known) data quality problems

Helena Galhardas helena.galhardas at ist.utl.pt
Mon Feb 6 03:46:36 PST 2012

Dear all,

(sorry if you've have received an email similar to this some time ago)

We´ve implemented a library of data cleaning functions in XQuery.
The most recent version has been distributed with the last release of
the
Zorba query processor
(http://www.zorba-xquery.com/html/modules).

In order to test exhaustively this library, we need to have XML data
sets
that have data quality problems known a priori.
By data quality problems, we mean: missing values, misspellings,
synonyms,
values out of domain, approximate duplicates, etc.

We would like to ask you if you are aware of XML data sets in those
conditions,
that we can use to write data profiling and cleaning programs in XQuery.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Helena Galhardas