[xquery-talk] XQuery 3.0 and maps in Saxon

Jakub Maly jakub.maly at atlas.cz
Sat Jan 28 08:56:30 PST 2012

(At first, I apologize to the members of XSL list, from which I was referred here, for getting the same message twice).
Hello,
I would like to experiment with map features in Saxon (http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/expressions/xpath30maps.xml), but I am unable to get past query compilation. Maybe I am missing some parameter or I use a wrong namespace, but I just can't find the right answer. This is my query code:

xquery version "3.0";
(: i have also tried http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/map, no difference :)
import module namespace map = "http://ns.saxonica.com/map";
map:get(map { 1 := 'aaa'}, 1)

invoked from command line:
"c:\Program Files\Saxonica\SaxonEE9.4N\bin\Query.exe" -s:play.xml -q:play2.xq" -qversion:3.0

The commands ends with error:
Cannot locate module for namespace "http://ns.saxonica.com/map"
When I leave out the module namespace map declaration, the error is
Prefix map has not been declared,
so I assume the namespace declaration must be there...

Jakub Malý
Ph. D. candidate
XML Research Group
Department of Software Engineering
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
www.jakubmaly.cz