[xquery-talk] fn:doc not returning data

Martin Honnen Martin.Honnen at gmx.de
Mon Jul 9 07:32:17 PDT 2012

Daniel Oneil wrote:
> I'm trying to use XQIB to get data from an XML file using the fn:doc
> function.
> The following link leads to a Source Forge forum where I posted my code
> and a link to the books.xml file.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mxquery/forums/forum/633155/topic/5412690

> The post at the Source Forge forum describes the problem and various
> attempts. Any assistance would be appreciated -- thanks.

What is the location of the HTML file with the XQuery script in relation
to that local XML file? Is the HTML file also loaded from the local file
system?
Does the Firefox or Chrome error console show any security errors like
"access to ... denied"?

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/