[xquery-talk] XQuery Update Facility and unwanted whitespace

Joe Wicentowski joewiz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:35:47 PDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

> In the XQuery options (in oXygen) untick 'format transformer output'

Thanks for that suggestion.  That's definitely preferable, in that it
doesn't introduce new whitespace, though it does strips out all
whitespace between nodes -- which is fine with me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><list><item>See <ref

To sum up, I guess this was an oXygen/Saxon-specific issue, but it
applies to all XQuery results in oXygen, not just those queries that
use the XQuery Update Facility.

Ah, whitespace.  Life would be so boring and straightforward without you.

Thanks again,
Joe