[xquery-talk] FLOWR vs Xpath axis syntax - Performance

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Tue Jul 31 09:29:56 PDT 2012

IMHO ... performance characteristics are implementation dependent.  I don't believe one can make a statement that a particular syntax or feature is in general more performant in XQuery in general.  It depends on the implementation and often a lot more than that such as the particular document set, indexing, document size, caching, machnine configurations, system variables enabled etc.

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org