[xquery-talk] First draft of the Web Application spec

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Wed Apr 3 10:54:01 PST 2013

  Hi,

  I thought you might be interested in the following announce, as
it is about a spec for writing XQuery main modules and libraries
(among other technologies) to implement server-side response to
HTTP requests.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/

  Hi,

  I am very pleased to announce the first public draft of the
"Web Application" spec from the W3C EXPath CG.  It is available
at:

    http://expath.org/spec/webapp

  The goal is to define a general purpose binding to HTTP, on the
server side.  The spec defines how components are passed the HTTP
request information, how they return the HTTP response to send
back, and how requests are dispatched to which components.

  Components can be XSLT, XQuery and/or XProc components.  The
can be used to serve resources (or web pages), to create filters,
and to implement specific error handlers.

  Servlex is an open-source implementation of this specification.
See the following links for more information on the EXPath
initiative, on the W3C EXPath CG, and on Servlex:

    http://expath.org/
    http://w3.org/community/expath/
    http://github.com/fgeorges/servlex

  Comments welcome!