[xquery-talk] XQuery file naming conventions (xq, xqy, xql, xqm, xquery, etc.)

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Tue Jan 8 04:29:59 PST 2013

>>However, I would note that David's suggestion to use .x could be
>>problematic. As .x is already used for DirectX model files.

FYI: this was a "Reductio ad Absurdum" joke ...

Back in "The Old Days" on mainframe type systems files had actual "types" independent from their extension - if any.  Unix in its ideal simplicity got rid of that.
And instead used file extensions ... and magic numbers.
 "See no types up my sleeves ! "
-David