[xquery-talk] where clause

Michael Sokolov msokolov at safaribooksonline.com
Wed Mar 27 17:09:58 PST 2013

On 3/27/13 8:31 AM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with examples in which "where" clauses cannot be
> rewritten as XPath predicates.  So far, the ones I have all involve an
> "at" counter.  Are there others?

OK - thanks, Ken, Michael, Daniela - I'll just summarize: in XQuery 1.0
(I didn't say, but that's my current target) the only examples we have
are those with "at" - Bas and Michael demonstrated that most expressions
can be rewritten, including Ken's, even if with some difficulty.
Daniela's examples (group by, count) are from XQuery 3.0 - they look
irreducible.

Thanks again

-Mike Sokolov