[xquery-talk] Is it possible to maintain a list of value in XQuery

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Wed May 15 11:23:42 PDT 2013

> No, if you are horrified by the inefficiency of this code then switch to an XQuery processor with a decent optimizer.

You know, Michael, I would mellow down a little bit if I were you.

Or at least try some benchmarks before hand (I did, and the results might surprise you ).

If you can strongly say such a statement, it either that you never understood how complicate of a problem
optimization is (how many different cases, how to do a compromise between complexity of program vs. size of the data,
how to make sure that the optimization time stays reasonable, etc, etc,), or you are totally dishonest.

So, I don't know, a more mellow approach would be probably better.

=====

As a matter of fact,  I wasn't even talking about runtime when I wrote that email. (even though it applies to execution time, too).

I was horrified about HOW UGLY that code looked.

As a programmer, I would't like to write that.

Cheers
Dana