[xquery-talk] and what I think we should tackle right now

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Tue May 21 15:45:15 PDT 2013

> So, perhaps Daniela we should stop trying to change XQuery and instead
> invent DQuery? Where the D is for Document (in the abstract sense).

Adam, honestly, I have no desire to put more time in XQuery as  a standard, simply
because I do not believe in any future (successful) versions after 3.0.

That's exactly what I am doing, and it is called www.jsoniq.org .

(the fact that it extends XQuery is no surprise, given that most of the features we use from XQuery
are coming from me anyway. So I don't need to invent anything new, I already did it.)

Best
Dana