[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] OT: Suggestion for new OSS SCC site / tool for xmlsh ? SourceForge has gone to the dark side.

Liam R E Quin liam at w3.org
Mon Nov 25 17:28:59 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 14:23 +0000, David Lee wrote:

> Basically SourceForge has been bought  [...]

> Suggestions welcome ...

The near-universal answer is "github".

> Do I need (want to?) learn "git" ? and move to github ?
Probably. It seems to be winning out as the replacement.

The GIMP image editor recently moved away from sourceforge for the
Microsoft Windows port download, because too many people were
downloading malware or clicking on ads that said Download. The response
has been very positive.

Liam