[xquery-talk] min max and mix

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Mon Feb 10 00:17:13 PST 2014

That's nothing to with max() and min(), but everything to do with mixed content.

The system is designed so that

<number><whole-part>123</whole-part>.<fractional-part>456</fractional-part></number>

has an untyped string value of 123.456

Remember, the M in XML stands for Markup. Markup is an annotation to text that can be removed without changing the meaning.

Michael Kay
Saxonica