[xquery-talk] Matrix Multiplication

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Wed Jan 1 10:51:07 PST 2014

Touché' good call.

I was about to mention that java could be faster but hadn't kept up with the facts enough to make a generalized statement  :)

I just stumbled on this

http://dev.saxonica.com/blog/oneil/2013/12/saxonc---saxon-for-the-cc-and-php-platforms.html

Which proves Java is 2x faster than the same code in C++ :)(***)
And doing XSLT at that !

(***) in case the ":)" is not obvious enough, this proves (or disproves) nothing of the sort ... but it is still a fascinating write-up and definitely in-context with the thread.
Good work Saxonica !!!!