[xquery-talk] Tales of the unexpected version III - Atomization

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 03:44:43 PST 2014

On 08/01/2014 11:36, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
> No. I am saying that if the expression is an attrtibute constructor then
> atomization should be atomic.

OK so I'm completely lost as I don't understand what you expect.

  <person>{$thing/@name}</person>

simply copies an attribute node from wherever it is to the newly
constructed <person> element. Atomization is just not relevant, the node
is already an attribute node (with a value that is atomic) the node is
just copied to the tree being generated.

David