[xquery-talk] Tales of the unexpected version III - Atomization

John Snelson john.snelson at marklogic.com
Wed Jan 8 08:40:54 PST 2014

In the XQuery 3.0 specification, section 3.9.1 describes direct element
constructors. A sub-section inside that (3.9.1.3 Content) describes how
to process the content of direct element constructors. This section is
also linked from "3.9.3.1 Computed Element Constructors".

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-30/#id-content

The XQuery spec is not always straight forward to read, but I think it's
clear in this case. However the XQuery spec is not meant to be a
tutorial in XQuery - there are better places to learn XQuery.

John