[xquery-talk] Collections - family relationships

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 02:03:09 PST 2014

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31750895

http://exist.2174344.n4.nabble.com/Signature-of-fn-filter-doesn-t-look-like-it-conforms-to-the-spec-td4662991.html

> It's like whinging about (say) the fact that XML doesn't treat form-feed as whitespace: there are bigger fish to fry, move on. If you feel you can do a better design job than this, then get involved, rather than shouting from the sidelines: there are plenty of standards activities that are short of contributors.

http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com/201212/msg00024.html?line=98#hilite
I also offered privately back then - not because I think I can do a
better job but because I can offer that annoying occasionally useful
ex-software tester perspective . I do not have the time now.

A professor once observed that the real interesting results of
research activities are all the things that were tried and were
discarded or didn't work and why - but they never get published.
Whingeing and complaining helps tease out some of those explanations.

I agree with your defence of the current design.