[xquery-talk] Collections - family relationships

Joe Wicentowski joewiz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:01:23 PST 2014

I have a major bone to pick with the XQuery working group and all users of the language, who must all be insane.

When I'm trying to write a program in XQuery and it isn't working, I need to blow off steam with a pissed off comment in the code right where the error message appears.  So I write my comment:

>:( XQuery makes no sense to me!!! ):<

But this raises new errors!  So I try a different comment syntax:

>:^( GRRRR! )v:<

And another error appears!

Why doesn't XQuery understand my comments?  Change it now or I will never cease to complain.

Oh, and I'm not interested in code samples showing the correct syntax for comments or explanations about the origins of whatever crazy comment syntax they came up with.

One final note to anyone who tries to be helpful: Shove it!

Sent from my iPhone