[xquery-talk] BaseX 7.9: The Summer Edition

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:29:08 PDT 2014

Dear XQuery aficionados,

in the midst of summertime, we provide you with a new version of BaseX,
our XML database system and XQuery 3.0 processor. This is what you get:

XQUNIT
- Unit testing has been improved a lot. All test functions will now be
     evaluated separately; this way, updates can be performed within test.
- with the new TEST command, all test modules in a specified directory
     can be evaluated.
- tests can be invoked from within the GUI editor and project view.
- on command-line, the -t flag can be used for the same purpose.

RESTXQ
- Custom HTTP methods can be defined via %rest:method
- Error handling has been improved and aligned with try/catch

REST
- The "run" operation allows execution of server-side command scripts

DATABASE MODULE
- parsing options added to db:create, db:add and db:replace

As usual, various minor bugs and inconsistencies have been fixed in
the latest version; check out our documentation and the GitHub
history for more details.

The latest version is available at http://basex.org.
We are looking forward to your feedback,

Christian
BaseX Team