[xquery-talk] Getting more out of Freebase with XQuery

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:44:37 PST 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Joe Wicentowski <joewiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ihe,
>
>>     http:send-request(<http:request href="{$href}" method="get"/>)
>> One last thing. I experienced repeated eXist crashes when running
>> this.
>
> Check to make sure you're closing your HTTP connection.  See
> http://markmail.org/message/3opzcgyzv6auevkt for the solution; the

Will investigate - thanks.

A couple of dilemmas both related.

The return type of the function freebaseCall is string..... would it
be helpful to specify that given that it has a side-effect (HTTP Put)

One for the RESTFUL purists that might object to a GET that has
side-effects. What HTTP method should be used to invoke this XQuery?

On reflection the function could probably use a better name.