[xquery-talk] Namespace conflict ?

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Sep 16 03:38:09 PDT 2014

Is the new namespace really the same as the old, or is that a typo?

If the new namespace is different, say 'http://www.gym.com/2', then there's a problem, because an element can't contain both the namespace declarations xmlns='http://www.gym.com/2' and 'http://www.gym.com'.

I have to admit my memory of the detail of XQuery Update is very hazy, I haven't done any work in this area for several years, so I'll have to refresh it, but it would be nice first to have confirmation of whether the question is correct as written.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike at saxonica.com
+44 (0) 118 946 5893