[xquery-talk] Necessary whitespace

Ghislain Fourny g at 28.io
Mon Apr 27 02:18:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

I agree with Christian on the parses/doesn't parse classification.

My understanding is as follows: 3 and div are non-delimiting terminal
symbols, and hence must be separated by a whitespace.

This is specified here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-30/#id-terminal-delimitation

12!(12 div.) doesn't parse because the . after a QName requires a
whitespace (. and - are listed as exceptions in the above link). The
same applies to div-.

1<<a>2</a> doesn't parse because << would be recognized as a token.
1<<<a>2</a> parses though.

I hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Ghislain