[xquery-talk] Find All Nodes Between Root Node and Descendant Nodes of Some Type

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Sun Jul 19 17:01:25 PDT 2015

At 2015-07-19 10:12 -0500, Eliot Kimber wrote:
>That seems to easy Ken.
>On 7/19/15, 10:09 AM, "G. Ken Holman" <talk-bounces at x-query.com on behalf
>of gkholman at cranesoftwrights.com> wrote:
> >   $a1//b except $a1//a//b

Perhaps, but you were the one that put that expression in words and I
just transliterated it:

>At 2015-07-19 06:33 -0500, Eliot Kimber wrote:
>I want to find all the <b> elements descending from <a id="a1"> but not
>within nested <a> elements

I see others have commented on the performance of this.  I think the
maintenance of what I've written is easier than trying to grok the
application of the ancestor axis.

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/q/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:     http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

---