[xquery-talk] MarkLogic using JSONiq for processing JSON ?

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 04:21:58 PDT 2015

> No, all the arguments were all technical
>
> Getting agreement on all these points was a very lengthy process with much heated argument. Although the decisions made were not always the ones I personally advocated, I think the final language works well.

Absolutely! Whilst I am more of an occasional frequenter and
contributor to the XQuery WG, having seen the level of collaborative
work and perseverance that that has gone into adding Maps and Arrays
to XQuery, I can say that I am impressed.

>From my perspective, it was a difficult process, but everyone worked
hard together and the technical arguments were always foremost. Whilst
working under the constraints of backwards compatibility and creating
a cohesive data model and language, I think the result speaks for
itself. Certainly many of eXist's users are very happy with the new
Maps and Arrays work in XQuery 3.1 and we frequently receive positive
feedback on this.

--
Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter