[xquery-talk] MarkLogic using JSONiq for processing JSON ?

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:35:57 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:41 AM, daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com> wrote:

> You both prove my point: the design of XQuery 3.1 was done to “help”
> selfishly and with a very short term vision two-three companies (Saxon,
> Exist, MarkLogic), and with complete
> disregard to the big picture of the needs of querying and processing
> semi-structured data in the industry (which includes both XML and JSON).

Ok this is anecdotal and on a somewhat different tack but a couple of
months ago I took the Marklogic Developer course.  One of the few things I
retained from the course was the realisation that the instructor had no
idea what was in the XQuery specifiation (1.0 or 3.0) and in what way they
differed from the Marklogic variant.

Now that certainly makes me wonder whether that is reflective of the
corporate technical viewpoint.