[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] Mistakes made in the design of XQuery 3.1

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Wed May 20 23:47:19 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 1:38 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com> wrote:

> The unfortunate choice of those two keywords (“for” and “return” instead
> of “from” and “select’) in XQuery had
> such a HUGE impact on adoption (or not)  of  XQuery, it’s amazing.
>
> It’s not too late to add the macros…..and make XQuery understandable to
> people who only want to see
>
> select… from ...

Big mistakes.

Not co-opting a hardcore JSON zealot. I mean look at what they have
achieved with propaganda and myths and then imagine what could be possible
if you could convert a couple of them. Then again it could be like trying
to switch someone's sexual orientation (it's worth pondering why that
comparison is apt).

Bigger mistake

Not calling it JQuery.

 Nuff said.