[xquery-talk] [ANN] BaseX 8.2: The Summer Edition

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Thu May 21 06:54:37 PDT 2015

Dear all,

We invite you to check out Version 8.2, the Summer Edition, of BaseX,
our XML database system and XQuery 3.1 processor! You can expect the
following features:

 XQUERY
 - much faster sequence modification via finger trees
 - improved compliance with XQuery 3.1

 DBA
 - open, save and delete queries
 - better Tomcat support

 STORAGE
 - updatable index structures: reduced disk space consumption

 XQUERY FUNCTIONS
 - Standard Module: fn:json-to-xml, fn:xml-to-json
 - Web Module: web:encode-url, web:decode-url
 - File Module: file:is-absolute, file:resolve-path
 - Admin Module: admin:delete-logs
 - Database Module: db:output-cache

 BUG FIXES
 - locking, full-text requests, stemming

 REMOVED FEATURES
 - event handling (will be replaced by database triggers)

The latest version is available at http://basex.org. As usual, various
minor bugs and inconsistencies have been fixed in the latest version;
check out our documentation (http://docs.basex.org) and the GitHub
commits (https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex) for more details!

We are looking forward to your feedback,
Your BaseX Team