[xquery-talk] Function for determining one XPath as subset of another

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Wed Jan 27 02:50:39 PST 2016

To take an example, if someone proves that a particular equivalence holds on a simplified data model with no attribute, namespace, comment, or processing instruction nodes, then that is of absolutely no use to someone writing an optimizer for a product in which such nodes can be encountered.

Michael Kay
Saxonica