[xquery-talk] Function for determining one XPath as subset of another

W.S. Hager wshager at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 08:41:55 PST 2016

Well, so, to continue, let's assume that there are no user-defined
functions, and in fact the only thing we want to proof is select+filter,
where a filter is limited to the default operators. From that is it follows
that

-path1:
select-child-nodes-by-name(select-child-nodes-by-name($context,'x'),'w')
-path2: select-descendant-nodes-by-name($context,'w')

And we need to proof that those functions are somehow equivalent. Can it be
done?

Op woensdag 27 januari 2016 heeft daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com> het
volgende geschreven:

--