[xquery-talk] [saxon] Sun/Oracle Using Saxon 9.2.x.y to test JDK-N, N<=9 since 2010.

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu Mar 10 10:45:28 PST 2016

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the belated response.

The Saxonica business model is working pretty well - lots of people use the open source version for some pretty amazing things, they spread the word to other developers, and enough of those developers want the extra features of the commercial versions that we generate the revenue to keep developing the product. So we don't resent the fact that lots of people are getting a free lunch, especially if they all tell their friends how wonderful the product is: the more people use the open source product, the bigger our potential market for the commercial product.

Michael Kay
Saxonica