[xquery-talk] From map entry pairs to a pair of arrays

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 03:52:34 PDT 2017

Hi Wouter,

In my experience, XQuery maps can be surprisingly efficient, even if
millions of items need to be processed. Obviously, no programming
language solves all problems best, though (even today, an assembler
language can a better choice than C).

Did you come across particular use cases in which it turned out that
XQuery maps and arrays were not the best choice? What do you believe
was the critical factor (memory consumption, runtime, …)?

Cheers,
Christian