[xquery-talk] [ANN] BaseX 9.1: The Autumn Edition

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:35:58 PDT 2018

Dear XQuery aficionados,

It’s been exactly 5 months ago when BaseX 9 was released, and we are
happy to announce version 9.1 of our XML framework, database system
and XQuery 3.1 processor! Find it here: http://basex.org

The most exciting addition is support for WebSockets, which enable you
to do bidirectional (full-duplex) client/server communication with
XQuery web applications:

  http://docs.basex.org/wiki/WebSockets

Moreover, we have added convenient syntax extensions (ternary if,
Elvis operator, if without else) to XQuery. Some of them may be made
available in other implementations of XQuery as well (we’ll keep you
updated):

  http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XQuery_Extensions#Expressions

Other new features are as follows:

XQuery:
- set local locks via pragmas and function annotations
- Database Module: faster processing of value index functions
- Jobs Module: record and return registration times
- ENFORCEINDEX option: support for predicates with dynamic values
- Update Module, update:output: support for caching maps and arrays

GUI:
- Mac, Windows: Improved rendering support for latest Java versions
- XQuery editor: choose and display current query context

Visit http://docs.basex.org to get more information on the added features.

Your feedback is welcome! Have fun,

Christian
BaseX Team