[xquery-talk] [ANN] BaseX 9.6: The Summer Edition

Christian Grün christian.gruen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:23:04 PDT 2021

Dear all,

We provide you with a new and fresh version of BaseX, our open source
XML framework, database system and XQuery 3.1 processor:

  https://basex.org/

Apart from our main focus (query rewritings and optimizations), we
have added the following enhancements:

XQUERY: MODULES, FEATURES
- Archive Module, archive:write: stream large archives to file
- SQL Module: support for more SQL types
- Full-Text Module, ft:thesaurus: perform Thesaurus queries
- Fulltext, fuzzy search: specify Levenshtein limit
- UNROLLLIMIT option: control limit for unrolling loops

XQUERY: JAVA BINDINGS
- Java objects of unknown type are wrapped into function items
- results of constructor calls are returned as function items
- the standard package "java.lang." has become optional
- array arguments can be specified with the middle dot notation
- conversion can be controlled with the WRAPJAVA option
- better support for XQuery arrays and maps

WEB APPLICATIONS
- RESTXQ: Server-Timing HTTP headers are attached to the response

For a more comprehensive list of added and updated features, look into
our documentation (docs.basex.org) and check out the GitHub issues
(github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues).

Have fun,
Your BaseX Team