[xquery-talk] Reminder: Declarative Amsterdam 2021, Call for Presentations

Erik Siegel erik at xatapult.nl
Thu Jul 8 05:59:55 PDT 2021

On 4 and 5 November 2021, the third Declarative Amsterdam conference will take place at CWI, Science Park, Amsterdam.

The conference focuses on the technologies and methods used for declarative programming and declarative data.

Declarative programming

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming) is a style of programming that expresses the logic of computation without describing its control flow. It allows you to focus on the 'what' of a program, rather than the 'how'. Declarative programs can be constructed in a fraction of the time, using much less code than a traditional computer program. Declarative methods for programming and data modelling can help avoid making the mistakes that have lead to failing software projects for several decades.

Declarative Amsterdam will have presentations on past experiences, current trends and future perspectives in fields such as functional programming, declarative data modelling, databases, XML and related technologies, JSON, CSS, semantic web, data science, data visualization, grammars, parsing, and domain-specific languages.

We anticipate by November that we will be able to hold the conference face-to-face, but either way, we are planning to broadcast live as well.

The first day will feature tutorials, combining presentations and hands-on sessions to give an introduction to specific topics.

The second day is a symposium, and will consist of shorter presentations. Speakers can discuss new ideas, frameworks, applications of declarative methods, and best practices.

Call for Presentations

We invite practitioners, software architects and engineers, academic researchers and others to submit a proposal for a tutorial or a presentation.

Tutorials can be between 1.5 and 2.5 hours, and preferably include hands-on sessions for participants. Presentations on the second day can be between 20 and 45 minutes. We plan to create the possibility of online presentation via video.

Proposals should at least include a title, duration and summary (90 -

200 words), but may also be a full paper. Speakers have the option of submitting a full paper or slides, to be published on the Declarative Amsterdam website.

Please submit proposals here:

https://declarative.amsterdam/submit?model=da-call-for-presentations

Timeline

Submission deadline: 31 July

Acceptance: Beginning of September

Conference: 4/5 November.

For papers and topics from previous years, see the website:

http://declarative.amsterdam/