[xquery-talk] questions about security and dynamically constructed queries

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Oct 21 13:49:55 PDT 2003

Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> 2. One XQuery implementation (that I am familiar with) has implemented
>   vendor extensions that allow constructing and executing a query
>   dynamically. Do other implementations support a similar functionality?

I would expect most implementations would support this, possibly
exception those those that only support "stored queries".  After all
most databases allow you to create SQL dynamically, so you there is no
reason not to do the same for XQuery.  And implementation that are not
tied to a database will probably also mostly allow dynamic query
construction.  This certainly includes Qexo.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.
--
	--Per Bothner