[xquery-talk] How to optimize XQuery?

Stephen Buxton stephen.buxton at oracle.com
Tue Sep 21 12:12:08 PDT 2004

  The XQuery implementation you referred to was an early prototype that
Oracle produced a couple of years ago.
  It was meant to be a "sneak preview" of XQuery - something to get
people experimenting with XQuery, but not intended to be used in production.

  Oracle's production-quality XQuery offering has not yet been announced
- remember, XQuery is not yet a Recommendation (a standard).
  If you are interested in building serious applications with XQuery,
please contact me off-line for details of the Oracle XQuery Early
Adopters' Program.

- Steve B.