[xquery-talk] [ANN] nux-1.0 final release
whoschek at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 12 13:57:04 PST 2005
The final nux-1.0 release has been uploaded to
Nux is a small, natural, straightforward and surprisingly effective
open-source extension of the XOM and Saxon XML libraries.
Nux is geared towards versatile embedded integration and interchange,
in particular for high-throughput server container environments (e.g.
high-speed real-time data streaming applications, large-scale
Peer-to-Peer messaging network infrastructures over high-bandwidth
networks, scalable message oriented middleware, etc). But its
simplicity also makes it useful for client side XML
query/transformation workflow pipelines.
• Now requires saxon-8.3 (bundled with the download).
• The obnoxious dependencies on jars for DOM Level 3, JAXP-1.3 and
JaxMe have now disappeared, even under JDK < 1.5! This functionality is
nomore needed at all, meaning less baggage, installation and classpath
problems for all of us :-)
• XQuery/XPath: XPath axis navigation performance improvements in
• XQuery/XPath: Now uses Saxon's cross-object model namespace
• Added sample data directory with XML files and queries, as well as
corresponding bnux binary XML files.
• Added XMark XQuery and XPath benchmark. See
• Added command-line demo that converts a set of standard textual XML
files to and from binary xml (bnux) files. See BinaryXMLConverter.
• Added bin/ directory with Unix and Windows shell scripts to start
More information about the talk