[xquery-talk] Namespace question wrt. XQTS and XQuery/XSLT2Serialization spec

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Sun Nov 13 21:20:17 PST 2005

> As noted by others, the XQTS test cases seem to have many
> inaccuaries/bugs.

Don't be too harsh: this process is the only way we will get the bugs out.

> IMHO, serialization semantics should independent of whatever the
> query reads. In other words the input to serialization is a
> sequence,
> rather than a sequence + query + namespaces.

I don't understand this comment. The input to serialization is a sequence
plus a set of serialization parameters. Namespaces are part of the input to
serialization only insofar as as they are present in a result tree being
serialized.