[xquery-talk] question about what was sent from peter pothner

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Apr 14 09:55:28 PDT 2006

fatma helmy wrote:
> dear all
> peter pothner wrote to me the following

Never heard of any "peter pothner".

> $ java kawa.repl --main -C /tmp/path.xq
> $ (date; java -Xmx600m path ; date)>&/tmp/log
>
> sorry, i cant find a difference in recurive function
> typing, it i the same as mine.

No, your contains an extra "let $paths := ".

> also, i cant understand
> the commands $java .....

Those are commands typed into the "console" (also known as
"terminal" or "MS-DOS prompt" on a windows system).  The
initial "$ " is a traditional convention that stands for the
cammand prompt - at least on Unix-like systems such as Linux.

> etc. i use evaluation version
> 6 professional of stylus studio. i run from the inside
> of styluss studio, what else can i do?

I use Qexo (http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/) since that
is what I make.  But note you need to use the latest
"development" version of Qexo from CVS.
--
	--Per Bothner