[xquery-talk] Help with trimming down an XPath expression

Todd Ditchendorf itod at apple.com
Mon Apr 24 11:29:37 PDT 2006

Hi gang,

I'm looking for a way to trim this expression down:

//pre[starts-with(.,"string") or starts-with(.,"void") or starts-with
(.,"int") or starts-with(.,"float") or starts-with(.,"bool")]

Basically, I'm looking for an XPath 2.0 expression that will locate a
<pre> element anywhere in my document whose string-value starts with
one of : "string", "void", "int", "float", or "bool"

Is there any way to express this a little more tersely?

Todd Ditchendorf