[xquery-talk] XQuery Working Group status

Liam Quin liam at w3.org
Fri Feb 3 14:14:34 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 05:07:41PM -0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> > Who is going to the W3C Plenary?
>
> Sadly, very few of the European XQuery implementors participate in the WG,
> so the group has a strong North American bias, and won't be meeting as a
> group at the plenary.
In this case part of the decision was taken because the chairs
of the three Working Groups meeting this week wanted a face-to-face
meeting in Jan/Feb, but that was pretty close to the Tech Plenary.
I suspect that even if the TP had been in the USA, the XMl Query WG
wouldn't be meeting there.

In general you are right though, there are a lot more meetings
in North America than elsewhere for XML Query.  There were more
participants from Europe 5 years ago, but I'm not sure that there
were more non-US meeting locations then.  It's been more about
travel policies of some of the participating organisations.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/