[xquery-talk] XQUERY SQL

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect.com
Thu Jul 27 13:30:08 PDT 2006

Hi David,

If your queries are very simple, you can embed them in a stylesheet (or
an XQuery), and you don't need them to create complex XML structures,
you might consider changing your XSLT processor to Saxon and using the
SQL extension:

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon7.5/sql-extension.html

If you want to start using XQuery to create complex XML structures, you
might want to look at the Stylus Studio XML Enterprise Edition, which
provides an IDE like XML Spy, with mapping tools and a useful debugger
for XQuery, as well as debugging for XSLT, etc. The Enterprise Edition
embeds DataDirect XQuery, and you can use it to open any major
relational database, write and test XQueries, save the results, etc. You
can invoke your queries, your stylesheet, and your FO processor from
within Stylus Studio. You can find a couple of videos on our XQuery
support here:

http://www.stylusstudio.com/learn_xquery.html.

I'm potentially biased, since I do work for DataDirect, but I also think
I'd give you the same advice if I didn't.

Hope this is helpful!

Jonathan

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/