[xquery-talk] Finding context position when "order by" is in aFLWOR?

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 00:48:12 PDT 2006

>  and the relative document order of the three constructed <word>
> elements, which are in different trees, is implementation-dependent
> (i.e. undefined).

grr you're right of course. I didn't want to construct elements at all
here but had to due to the restriction on / having sequence of nodes on
the left hand side. (The other way is to use for rather than / but
that's what the OP used:-)

course it's easier in xslt where you can go
<xsl:for-each select="( 'cat', 'dog', 'apple')">
<xsl:sort select="."/>
<word  n="{position()}"><xsl:value-of select="."/></word>

David