[xquery-talk] The State of Native XML databases

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Tue Aug 21 08:03:53 PDT 2007

Nice article, but I'm not sure I agree with the statement that there are
only four or five choices to consider. There are definitely a lot more
native XML databases out there.

Here is a list of the ones I know about that have been around for a
while and appear to still be being actively developed. This indicates at
least some level of stability in the company that produces them.

(It is fair to note that a lot of these companies appear to make their
money from consulting or specializing in a particular area, such as
integration. But then again, Oracle and IBM probably make more money
from consulting than database sales as well.)

Commercial
----------
eXtc
Ipedo
Neocore
Sonic XML Server (no longer being developed?)
TeraText
TEXTML Server
Tiger Logic
X-Hive