[xquery-talk] fn:in-scope-prefixes

James A. Robinson jim.robinson at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 14 20:39:29 PST 2007

> Why wouldn't the values be distinct? If two ancestors of the element
> both have namespace declarations that use the same prefix, the
> declaration that is closer to the element masks the declaration that is
> closer to the root. Thus, there cannot be two in-scope namespaces that
> use the same prefix.

Yes, I assumed the values would be distinct. Until I ran into a case
where I was getting duplicate prefix values. I thought it better to ask
the list before I go off and file a bug report, since the text of the
spec didn't seem all that clear to me.

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson at stanford.edu
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)