[xquery-talk] Sequence from String-Literal

Wolfgang Meier wolfgangmm at gmail.com
Fri May 11 20:17:30 PDT 2007

> Background for this approach is passing a string to a eXIst
> XQueryService. There, it is not possible to pass a whole DOM-Object or
> something else.

>From Java you could call XQueryService.declareVariable(String qname,
Object value). You can pass a DOM node or NodeList and it will be
treated as such.

Writing a parse() extension function should not be difficult as well.
The basic procedure is described in the docs and there are plenty of
other extension functions to look at. I personally never had a real
need for parse() though.

Wolfgang