[xquery-talk] If Statements within an If Statement?

Wei, Alice J. ajwei at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 3 06:12:47 PST 2008

> As for the distinct-values in my code, I always have the assumption
> that it has been generating only results with distinct values as long
> as it is not deep distinct.

I have no idea what you mean by that.
distinct-values returms the distinct string values

If you have a sequence of p items that looks like this

Send 10c for mailing TODAY!
                                <address>
<addressLine>Kenmore, Mitford, CR-272 N.H. 03055</addressLine>
</address>

then the string that is calcultad and compared is

"
Send 10c for mailing TODAY!

Kenmore, Mitford, CR-272 N.H. 03055

"

which seems a pretty odd thing to do, but I don't know your
requirements.

That is exactly how I wanted it to read, although I am not sure how "white spaces" get in this picture.
 The tag, maybe? I might have to try using declare boundary-space strip; Would this help?

I wanted to have the string to be read so duplicates would be eliminated.

Thanks for pointing out those errors. The code you have corrected is now working like I would like them to be.

Alice
Alice Wei
MIS 2008
Indiana University Bloomington