[xquery-talk] [Announce] BaseX 4.0

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Jan 8 21:48:53 PST 2008

> I have another question.

Is this a question about the BaseX 4.0 product in particular (as mentioned
in your title), or is it a general XQuery question?

> I loaded a document with a default
> namespace and then wrote an XQuery to query it.  The XPaths
> in my XQuery only worked if I didn't use the namespace prefix
> I'd declared in my XQuery.

It helps to show the essence of your source document and the essence of your
query. It's very hard for readers to spot bugs in code that they can't see.

>  Is there something special I need to do when loading a
> document so that namespaces are recognized?

Just make sure that the expanded name (namespace plus local name) used in
the query matches the expanded name of the element in the source document.