[xquery-talk] QName in content

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 19:46:30 PST 2010

> If you don't want / cannot use XML content then yes, you
> have to output explicitly the URI, e.g. by using the
> Clark notation: "{http://example.org/ns/uri}local-name".
>
>  What would you like a QName to be serialized to when
> cast to a string?

Florent,

I really don't have any particular personal preferences.

But I'd like something that, once I serialize a QName, and schema-
validating it
as a Qname, I get my (full) QName back, please.

> For Qexo/Kawa I picked for the general case:
>
>  PREFIX{URI}:LOCAL
>
> In Kawa-Scheme you can create QNames (which are a generalization
> of "symbol") by specifying each component:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Namespaces.html#Compound-symbols

Per,

that's a general problem (query processor independent), and we would
need
a standard solution.

Hence my email.

Best regards