[xquery-talk] namespace declarations in an element

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Thu May 26 11:46:04 PDT 2011

On 26/05/2011 19:24, daniela florescu wrote:
> This solution looses the original types, which for semi-structured data are essential.

I'm not sure I understand that comment, the solution is about adding a
namespace node to a constructed element, that dpesn't lose type
information. If the data you are outputting is placed into am element
attribute or content then that's essentially just outputting its string
value and losing type information unless the constructed element is
re-validated, but adding a namespace node isn't the cause of that loss.

David