[xquery-talk] xquery technology now ready?

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Thu Dec 12 04:41:39 PST 2013

To pile one more on top of Jim.
My personal favorite way to "play with XQuery" is (of course!) with xmlsh, free and open source
http://ww.xmlsh.org

Its a "shell" who's expression language is XQuery and who's variables are XDM values (anything XQuery can produce).
It comes as a command line "shell" as well as a primative GUI (xmlshui)

Truely excellent for a quick start at learning XQuery ...

And yes, you *can* embed it into a tomcat server and run web pages.  In fact you can do a "1 line web server" (very primative) with its buitlin http server support.

http://www.xmlsh.org/CommandHttpserver

Under the hood , the XQuery and XSLT parts come from the excellent open source XQuery and XSLT parser, Saxon

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com<mailto:dlee at calldei.com>
http://www.xmlsh.org